Why do we do this? From my own experience it can be a combination of a few things:
- You just don't have time to do it.
- You not sure where to start.
- You really don't like doing that sort of stuff.
- You are terrified of making the wrong decision.
- You delay things until the time is "just right".
All of the above are "excuses" we have all used at one time or another.
HOW DO WE STOP MAKING THESE EXCUSES!
I have a few suggestions which I have learn't over the years and also from reading lots of "How to" books.
- Goal Setting: In my experience, this is a big one. 'If you know where you are going, you can plan how you are going to get there and you will know when you have reached your destination"
- Prioritise your Time: Use calendars and "To do lists" - put each task in order of importance.
- Conquer your Fear: Ask yourself - "Why or what am I afraid of?" Feel it, understand it, but go ahead and do it anyway.
- Take Action: There will never be a perfect time, you will find some excuse why you should wait. By taking action, your confidence grows and you will learn what works and what doesn't. You will make mistakes along the way but that is all part of learning and growing.
- Delegate: Don't try and do everything yourself, you may know how to do it but you have more important tasks to complete to grow your business.
Have faith in yourself and your abilities, and you CAN overcome putting off those tasks that need to be actioned NOW and not tomorrow.
Give it a try, and I am certain you will be that much closer to being more in control and more organised in your daily personal and business life.
Next week: Goal Setting