- we understand the message
- it improves our decision-making
- it improves teamwork
- our relationships, at home and work are better
- it makes problem-solving easier
- conflict can be avoided
- process by images and what they see.
- they say things like "It looks good", "Show me", and "I get the picture".
- process by words used and what they hear.
- they say things like "I hear what you say", "Sounds good", and "Rings a bell".
- process by how they feel.
- they say things like "Feels right", "Makes me feel good", and "Makes me feel sad".
- WHO is our target audience (the receiver).
- WHAT message do we need to send.
- WHEN do we need to send the message.
- WHY do we need to send the message (outcome we want).
- HOW are we going to send the message (channel to use).
- BY WHOM is the message going to be sent (the sender).
Please let me know how you doing by leaving a comment. Thank you.
Next time: "Barriers to Effective Communication".
Have a wonderful weekend, see you soon